Applied AI Pod
Drive CX and Revenue with NLP in marketing and ecommerce, E26
A whole new world of possibilities opens when using AI and Natural Language Processing (NLP) to gather value from unstructured text data. Katherine Munro, tells us about NLP, its applications, and its future. Katherine is a Data Scientist and Data Science Ambassador in the e-commerce domain, conducting training in AI, machine learning and data science. With a background in computational linguistics and (deep) machine learning, she has worked in research and development for Mercedes-Benz and the Fraunhofer Institute, specialising in user interfaces and natural language understanding. She has also worked as a university lecturer, Team Leader and Sales Coach, and is now education Lead for Women in AI Upper Austria and volunteer mentor at Female Coders Linz.
- 01:25 - Do NLP models need someone that is not completely monolingual?
- 05:20 - Types of NLP in marketing and/or e-commerce.
- 11:30 - Challenges in the e-commerce space: Behavioural data gathered by cookies has disappeared.
- 16:00 - Every 40 seconds, our attention breaks. Is that fact taken into account in NLP modeling for personalization?
- 18:20 - Models like GPT-3 open a whole new commercialization avenue in the marketing world, specifically for content creation. Impact of the wave.
- 21:50 - Is it fair to use an AI model for IP and content in such a way you influence millions of users on a website at once?
- 30:45 - Explainable models, debugging and how models could function.
- 37:00 - Provocative contexts for data scientists nowadays.
- 41:00 - Future of NLP.